Wednesday, January 22, 2014

This Must Be Dirty Pop

Oi! It's been such a long time since I've posted! Sorry, y'all! I've had a lot on my plate because I've been moving... I let you know where my next home-away-from-home in another blog post soon! 

A while back, I went to a K-pop concert. My good Korean friend works for a company that hosts concert events and was able to help us out  with tickets- we got such stellar seats!  We saw Wonder Boyz, Ladies Code, Norazo, and a ballad singer. Norazo's performance was my favorite - it's a 2 man group where one is the energy (dancing and jumping around) and the other is the face (verrrry attractive guitar player). Wonder Boyz had some pretty smooth moves, too. We had a great time, even though the concert was a lot different from what I'm used to back home. We saw 5 performers/groups and the entire concert lasted only 2 hours! Everyone only sang about 2-3 songs each. The concert started exactly when it said it was going to and ended at the scheduled time as well. And the biggest difference of all - folks didn't really dance. They stayed in their seats until the performers asked them to stand up! My friends and I all wiggled in our chairs to the beat but some audience members were falling asleep! 

Because I didn't know what to expect from this concert I tried to go with comfort, style, layered warmth. Y'all know how much I love a good sweater dress and this pink animal print is just the right amount of funky. I put on the leather vest for extra warmth but also because I like how it hits me right at the waist. 

I think my favorite thing is all the jewelry. I'm normally too lazy put on a bunch of stuff but I love how it looks when I do. I'm obsessed with bracelet parties; one of the fun things is how versatile it can be. You can go boho,  mix-and-match metallics, or play with different textures. Chanel said before you leave the house, take off one thing but with bracelet parties, before you leave the house, I say ADD one more thing! 






Sweater Dress: Clothing Swap | Vest: Korean thrift store | Boots: DSW | Rings, Earrings and Bracelets: Gifted or Clothing Swap 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1