Thursday, July 3, 2014

4th of July


4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. Who doesn't like putting on little sundresses and grubbing out to hamburgers, hot dogs and American beer? Back home, my friends and I always go to Marietta Square where they rope off the streets and set up food vendors. We'd tailgate on the parking deck, staking our claim for the perfect spot to see the fireworks show. *Siiiiiigh* Sometimes, it's hard not being home. Summer is my favorite time of year to be in Georgia and it just can't be perfectly recreated anywhere else in the world. Not sure what we'll do in Singapore tomorrow; perhaps there will be some intriguing festivities going on.

Why don't more people wear scarves like this? I've always loved square scarves (any shape really) but wearing them in my hair makes me feel like they're going to slip off any minute, even with an army of bobby pins. I saw Elsie from A Beautiful Mess and I thought, "Yessss. I'm doing that, too." I'm gonna bring it back.

Hope everyone has spectacular (and safe) 4th of July celebrations! How will you be celebrating?
And Happy Birthday, America! 








Photos by Amanda 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful mix of colors! Well done!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1