Sunday, February 15, 2015

Smitten Kitten

I love any holiday themed fashion blog post - even if it is a little late! 
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love Hello Kitty and this dress. 
First of all, I'm currently an elementary teacher which means I'm inundated with adorableness from all angles - whether it's the kids themselves or the things they drag into my classroom, such as Hello Kitty paraphernalia. Maybe I've been in Asia too long, but I can't help it. I want to ask every little girl, "Dahling, where did you get that divine Hello Kitty tote bag?" 
...which is hard because 1) their answer is most likely to be, "Dunno. Mom got it." and 2) I try very hard to focus on the process of their learning and their efforts as a good student and friend - not on what they are wearing. But y'all! They're so gosh-darn cute! 
And when I saw this basket bag walking down the streets of Chinatown (I actually think this might be a knock-off, realized after the fact) I literally did a 180. Had to have it. Don't need your Mom's shopping advice after all, Maggie. 

Of course, nothing is paired more to perfection than with this delightful dress - the fit and flair silhouette that feels made for me (fantastic length and all!), the fresh pink and white stripes, and crisp pleats. Did I mention I got this for $8? I would be drooling over it all but I don't think my date would find that very romantic… maybe. 

Happy Valentine's day! I hope you had a great day cuddled up to the loved one of your choosing and looked fabulous doing it! <3






Dress: Uptown Cheapskate (Forever 21) 
Everything else: Thrifted, gifted, or in local Singaporean markets

3 comments:

  1. The dress and bag go together perfectly. <3 This is super cute!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is so cute!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so adorable! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Please Drop Me a Line!

09 10 UA-45388413-1